Cornell notes is widely recognized as one of the most efficient note taking methods for studying, taking notes, and reviewing content. NoteLedge's toolbox of multimedia tools makes it the perfect app to take Cornell notes with. Read on and learn how to use Cornell notes in NoteLedge Windows to help you study.
Apply Cornell Notes Template
First, apply the Cornell notes template by tapping the "⋯" icon in the upper right corner and clicking on "Page template". The templates are available in both landscape and portrait mode. Pick the Cornell notes template.
Learn more about applying page templates here.
Leave the largest section for taking notes from reading, lectures, meeting or brainstorming. You can:
- Type up key notes; keep your notes simple and focus only on major points. Paraphrase in your own words instead of directly copying.
- Make quick sketch or highlight the most important parts with the brushes.
- Record multiple audio clips from lectures or meetings. Add a tag to help you find related clips (this is a very useful tip for language learning!).
- Add photos or videos.
- Collect information from the Internet and trace back web references instantly.
- Instantly flip to the next page for a different subject.
Questions and Key Points
The left section is for you to list questions and keywords from this subject. When reviewing the materials, you can cover the right note-taking column and ask yourself questions to test your knowledge
Read the notes and essential questions on the top section and use your own words to summarize your findings. This can quickly help you review after class or before exams.
Want to take Cornell notes on your Windows device? Download NoteLedge and try it for free!