The Extract Page tool in PDF Reader provides a simple way to split a PDF document into two separate PDF files with the Extract Pages tool in PDF Reader. You can extract pages from an existing PDF document and use them in a new PDF.
1. Open a PDF file and click on the "Page Edit" button in the top menu bar.
2. PDF pages will be displayed as thumbnails. Select the pages you would like to export and then click "Extract" on the top menu bar. (When the page is selected, a blue border will appear around it.)
3. If you select multiple pages, you can set how you want to save the pages. You can choose to save them as one single PDF or save each page as am individual PDF. Then tap "Extract" to continue.
4. Set up the output folder to save the file(s). You can choose to save them in the default PDF Reader folder or a different folder within your Mac Finder. Then click "Save" to save them to the target location.
5. If you save the output file(s) in the default PDF Reader folder, you can find them by visiting Home tab > Documents section > Extract folder.
6. Advanced tip: To export pages, you also can drag the selected pages from the PDF Reader Window to your desktop (or the Finder folder) to create a new PDF.