I’m Frank, the PDF project manager at Kdan Mobile. Have you planned for a spring trip yet? This month, I’m going to share my experiences about how to use PDF Reader in planning or preparing for a spring vacation as a solo traveler. If possible, maybe you will see me in Bangkok for the amazing Songkran Festival!
Before You Go: Take a Copy
Whether you travel alone or with a group, always expect the unexpected. Losing a passport is a real possibility, no matter how careful you are. Before I take off on my adventure, I will create digital copies of my passport, credit cards, and other important pieces of identification. Always be prepared for all the worst-case scenarios.
- Tap the “Scanner” tab for the scanner.
- Place your passport/ID card under the camera and start scanning (or you can import photos from the gallery).
- You can adjust the images using the filter or crop tool.
- Tap the "Export" button and choose "Convert to PDF".
- The scanned project will be saved to the Documents tab as a PDF file.
Find Accommodation: Save Booking Vouchers
I personally use the Agoda app for accommodation search. Sometime, they offer flash deals available for booking from the app. After making a booking, you can send a confirmation email along with the booking voucher (PDF files) to yourself. Simply import the attachment to PDF Reader.
- Open the confirmation email.
- Tap on the email attachment, and you will see the sharing panel.
- Choose “PDF Reader” to open with, and there will be a copy automatically saved into PDF Reader.
- You can put your flight info or insurance documents to PDF Reader as well.
Be Organized: Arrange Files in Folders
Organizing travel information will have a big impact on your ability to find those files later. I create folders naming them by the date of my trip, and then they will automatically be ordered by date.
- Tap "More Actions" at the top right corner and choose "Add new folder".
- Rename the folder by date (mm-dd).
- Then move files to the target folder accordingly.
- Have a safe trip!