These days, smart devices contain lots of sensitive information such as private documents or personal finance information. Whether you’re working for a business or are a student, the following tips can help protect your PDF documents at all stages of the workflow to ensure that data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
Watermark Your PDFs
Organizations usually watermark documents with identifying information (e.g. company and username) to prevent individuals from leaking documents and to help identify the source of the copy.
- Select and open the PDF document
- Tap the “Kdan Cloud” button and choose “Add Watermark” from the service menu
- Tap either “Text” or “Image” to insert a watermark into the PDF
- Move the watermark to the desired position
- You can customize the watermark by tapping “Settings”
(Note: Different watermarks can be added to a single file, and every page can have multiple watermarks)
Encrypt Your PDFs
If the document is secured with a password, only the intended recipient in possession of the correct password will be able to open it.
- Go to the file list and tap the “Edit” button on the top right corner
- Select the target file and tap the “More” button
- Then tap “Encrypt” and enter a new password to secure the PDF
Send Password-Protected Links
You can password protect individual files via the Kdan Cloud and send them as password protected download links.
- Sign in with your Kdan ID on the Kdan Cloud web page
- Find out the target file and tap “Share File Link”
- Choose “Password Protected” from the pop-up window
- Then enter one password to secure the download link
- Once the recipients enter the correct password, they can download the files through Kdan Cloud
The Hidden Tip in Version 6.0 - Remove Security from PDFs
In the latest update, we add support to remove password protection from PDF documents as well as restrictions on editing, printing, and copying.
- Open one PDF
- Tap the “More” button on the top right corner.
- Tap “Remove Security” and then a new copy will be created without password protection.
For Developers - Kdan PDF SDK Library
The best way to handle PDF documents. Kdan PDF SDK extends your app's features with a set of professional PDF capabilities on smartphones and tablets. Try Kdan PDF SDK in Your App Today.