If you send a PDF file with annotations made by PDF Reader to someone, the recipient can not see your edits.
It could be the reason that he/she was using a third-party app. For example some cloud storage or email apps only embed with simple PDF viewer and might not support all the advanced features supported by PDF Reader. So these apps does not display the edits.
There are two ways to cope with the issue:
Share as a flattened copy
After you finish editing the file in PDF Reader, save and share the file as a flattened copy. Then the third party apps will display the edits.
- Open the PDF and tap the "More" button on the top right corner
- Tap "Share via" and choose "Flattened Copy"
- Then share the PDF via the sharing dialogue
- A new copy will also be saved to the file list
Copy the file to PDF Reader
Suggest the recipient to transfer the file to the advanced PDF editor app (e.g. PDF Reader or Adobe Reader). Then he/she will see all your edits and keep on working with the file.
- On the iOS device
- Tap the Share button from the app (Using Dropbox as an example)
- Choose “Copy to PDF Reader” to transfer the file. (In some apps, it would display "Open in PDF Reader")