OTP verification is a system to provide users a higher standard of security assurance than regular email verification. After the sender turns on the OTP setting, a secure password will be automatically sent to signers’ emails by the DottedSign server. It is an option for senders to choose if they want to double confirm signers’ identity.
Senders can easily assign the document to signers with OTP either in the app or from the web browser.
- Enter “Home” in your app or go to “Tasks” in the DottedSign web.
- Choose “Create & Invite” to start requesting others’ signatures.
- Import a document.
- Assign signers. > click on “Next.”
- Assign fields to each signer > click on “Save” > choose “Save & Email”
6. Turn on “Require OTP Verification”
7. Click on “Send” to invite signers to sign.