NoteLedge offers a whole toolkit of brushes to choose from — these include precision-tip pens, highlighters, crayons, markers, and more. Read on to learn how to create your own brushes!
Create Custom Brushes
To create brushes, you can either edit the settings of an existing brush or add a brand new brush. Double tap on any brush to open the brush settings.
- Edit an existing brush: Double tap a particular brush to edit its settings. Please note that once the changes are saved, your edits will override the original settings. You may reset to the original setting, or duplicate another one.
- Import a brush: You can import a custom brush (.kbr format) created with NoteLedge or Animation Desk.
- Add a new brush: Click “Add Brush” to create a new brush from scratch.
Brushstrokes are made of a combination of shapes and paths. Here's a quick overview of the brush setting panel.
- Tip Shape: You can select an image as the "tip source" from over 90 brush styles in the library. Set up the spacing, size, and shape of the brush.
- Stroke Path: Set up the stroke path based on your drawing behavior, including speed, position deviation, angle, etc.
- Stylus Control: When connecting with a stylus, this determines how your drawing behavior affects the brush effect.
- Texture: You can set the specific texture of the tip shape.
- About: Rename your brush.
Manage Your Brushes
Go back to the brush library and swipe left on the brush to find more options.
- Share a Brush: Share the brush as .kbr file and save it to your Files. You may import the brush in NoteLedge or Animation Desk on another device.
- Delete a Brush: If you want to discard a brush, you may delete it.