If you send a PDF file with annotations made by PDF Reader to someone, the recipient can not see your edits.
It could be the reason that he/she was using a third-party app. For example some cloud storage or email apps only embed with simple PDF viewer and might not support all the advanced features supported by PDF Reader. So these apps do not display the edits.
There are two ways to cope with the issue:
Share as a flattened copy
After you finish editing the file in PDF Reader, save and share the file as a flattened copy. Then the third party apps will display the edits.
- Click "File" on the top menu bar
- Click "Save as Flattened Copy" and choose a destination folder to save the new copy
- A new flattened copy will also be saved to the target place
- Then share the copy with others
Open the File With PDF Reader
Suggest the recipient to open the file using the advanced PDF editor app (e.g. PDF Reader or Adobe Reader). Then he/she will see all your edits and keep on working with the file.
- On the Mac device
- Find the document on Finder and right-click it
- Click “Open With” and choose "PDF Reader" to open the file. (Or you could set PDF Reader as your default reader)