The end of a semester can be stressful for every student. With all the homework assignments, final projects, and exams piling up, it can get hectic. Scattered notes from the whole semester, readings upon readings, or even running out of motivation to track your study progress; sometimes, you just want something to make your life easier. With Markup, you can streamline the reading and highlighting process!
Check out the below tips. Open Markup now and get organized!
Capture every important reading online
See a great article that would fit with your final project? You can choose to open it with Markup or “Save to Markup” and read it later. Download articles right from the web and save it as a PDF for even easier access.
In case you’d like to save certain websites while browsing, use Markup web bookmark to collect them and you can always return to these sites for further reading.
- In the "Explore" tab, click the "+" sign in the bottom right corner.
- You will see Markup's built-in browser.
- To add a bookmark, simply go to the website you would like to bookmark. Then, click the "Book" icon on the top bar, and you will have the option to "Add Bookmark."
- After adding a bookmark, you can edit the title.
- Tap on the "Book" icon to get to your bookmarks.
Markup with a variety of multimedia note-taking tools
Beyond the usual annotation and note-taking options like highlighter and note-pad, Markup offers more. Learn how to create your notes with multimedia tools such as audio, images, and web links for quick and easy reference.
- Open the PDF file and tap the Toolbox icon.
- A pop-up window will show and you will find the variety of annotation tools.
- To add an audio note, an image or web link as reference, simply click the corresponding icons and follow the instructions.
- You can edit, manage or remove these annotations at any time.
Among these creative note-taking tools, Markup’s Text-to-Speech (TTS) function is particularly convenient. If you’re on the go, such as on the way to school or back home, let TTS read it for you. You can listen to the reading your professor just assigned to you, or review the notes. TTS speaks many languages with natural voices so it can even be useful to review your Spanish, French or Italian notes!
- Open the PDF file you’d like to review.
- Tap the Toolbox icon and find the TTS icon.
- You can have TTS read the whole article, or certain paragraphs for you. Simply press and hold the lines where you want to focus on. You will see a pop-up menu, tap the TTS icon and it will start reading.
- You also have the absolute flexibility to choose the language in the voice you prefer, adjust the speed, fast forward to the next line or go back to the previous line.
★ Curious of what more Markup can help level up your reading experience? Check out our Markup Pro and the variety of premium features it has to offer from here.
Efficiently organize study notes for both you & your study group
Categorize your materials and set up folders for each project or group you’re working with.
Create a Reading Hub and get your group members onboard to collaboratively share online resources and notes in one place.
Wrap up your semester with Markup
There’s no better way to wrap up your semester than in an organized and efficient way. Continue to stay on top of schoolwork when the new year starts. Open or download Markup and start marking up!